Wednesday, April 28, 2010

artsy artsy

When mom and dad came home I was surprised to see paintings. Yes, mom bought paintings. A couple of moths ago it was a TV, then an organ, then cabinets, another cabinet, and now speakers and paintings. Mom could really be a surprise. Being an Ilokana (and a CPA, to add) she monitors her expenditures. I once saw her doing a ledger of the family budget. O.O But oh my, how she goes on buying all sorts of stuff when she thinks it's a bargain.

I told her she could just give the paintings to our tito (her brother) in the States. He's an abstract artist himself so mom simply said her has his own paintings. Talents just didn't manage to be passed on to me, sadly.

This painting now hangs in my room.

This big painting, I do not know where they'll put. :| It's such a shame because I think it's beautiful. I don't want it lost in some clutter somewhere in our house.

This painting is named "Best friends." It even has some mark at the back indicating the art gallery it was displayed in.

Mom said this one's from Africa. Yes I thought of that too.

Painting is the popular fine art. I honestly don't appreciate paintings and sculptures if I look at them from afar. But I can get into paintings once I take a closer look. Needless to say, digital form of paintings is nonsense since I find the texture of the a painting very important, more than the overall "look" of it.

Anyway as I was browsing through Meme, I found this and of course reported it. Originally from @leandronunes, it was a laugh.

No comments:

friends