Thursday, September 16, 2010

How to Kill a Mockingbird

Over dinner, my younger brother (age 13) asked me if I have a copy of the book "How to Kill a Mockingbird." I was laughing when my sister's "guy friend" who came over our house exclaimed neither had he read the "How to Kill a Mockingbird." Obviously he didn't get to read even the cover page to get the title right.

Students should be given more books to read. It's the only way to teach them how to write. As a professor once said, "reading is writing," so read read read. I'd read more literature books if I had more time to spare. I actually like classes that require book reviews. And watch films. hehe. So I have this 'Film and Literature' class right now. I wish they made us read more books in high school. And I wish they don't make the prices of books too high because of tax. I wish the government cared  more about education. I wish our school were to be given a higher budget. I wish...

Well anyway I told my brother I don't have a copy of "How to Kill a Mockingbird" but I do have Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird" and that it's such a great read. I have no idea if there's a guidebook on How to Kill a Mockingbird (might be giving a step-by-step guide on how to kill a mockingbird nicely).  I think my brother's still wondering if he got the right title of the book.

No comments:

friends