Monday, September 20, 2010

Back from the mountains!

I'm back from our class field trip! Lakbay-aral in Mt. Banahaw. As for pictures, we don't have any cos we're losers like that. lol jk. We have two pictures taken by another group. From the eight of us, none thought of bringing his own camera (all thinking others will bring cameras anyway).



We three members from our original group were merged with a group of five from another class.  We conquered the Mount Calvary in Laguna. We were passed judgment upon in the Husgado cave. We crawled like worms and walked like ducks in other caves. And we got "baptized" in the Banahaw rivers for at least three times. Now hooray! I got home with a box of cassava nilupak, a chunk of ube/yam, and lots of scratches and bruises!

I missed my bed (we slept on the floor), my stuffed toys (couldn't just hug my group mates sleeping beside me. Haha), and the Internet (couldn't even use my phone because there was no signal!). But but but, I've to say I had fun. It was exhausting but definitely fun. Last time I climbed a mountain was three years ago in Romblon (and oh we got stuck in an island. Good times, good times.). Last time I slept on ground was five months ago (in Isabela, we camped in the middle of a field. I slept inside the tent, others in the open, and some on the hood of a car. Haha.). Now I'm like, OHMYGOSHHHH! I miss OJ! T.T

This post isn't about OJ, so I'm going back to the Banahaw trip. The food was great, the view from the mountain was great, talking with and having group mates was great (helped me keep my sanity, really. thanks guys!), everything was great xept my bruises aaand the bus rides (I hate bus rides. I get cranky.).

We learned through experience. We saw how different religious groups live side-by-side, with the common understanding that Mt. Banahaw is sacred. Now I see that these people are truly devoted to their belief. Makes me stop and think how far I can go endure for my faith. These people go up to the mountains and exert that much effort regularly for their belief. How much effort am I exerting for what I believe? After reaching the top of Mt. Banahaw, I was sooooon happy (not because of the view, and the feeling you've achieved something) for the Lord has forgiven our sins by grace through faith. Climbing up there was the literal "taking up the cross," and it was exhausting.

Now I'm home, resting for the whole day because by whole body hurts even after taking pain relievers. Last night I was also happy at the sight of Christmas lights hanging so beautifully in trees around the nearest mall. Was thinking how come 1/3 of the year is Christmas - all 'ber' months are "Christmas Season." And this iPad I'm using right now... I was like, "who! Dad has an iPad! I want one! I want one! I want one!" haha. Seriously, I want my own. Christmas gift, anyone? XD

No comments:

friends