Monday, October 19, 2009

writing on your hometown

I just finished editing one of my papers due on Tuesday (which is technically tomorrow since it's 12:06 am as typing this sentence). It's the travel story I had to do on one place I've visited, since our class was able to have a common "field trip" with our professor.

Our Prof. thought it was ok for me to write about my being a "tourist in my hometown" two summers back. The other week I was plurking and posting in Facebook about how my travel story was morphing into a food review. Made sense since I was typing it at around this time when my tummy was beginning to grumble. But as affirmed by Ate Coco, stories written about Vigan do turn into stories of food trips. I love Vigan food. I grew up eating them but I'll never get tired of pinakbet, Vigan longganiza, miki, pipian, sinanglao, Vigan empanada, bagnet, and kinilaw na ipon. Thinking about Vigan really doesn't simply trigger nostalgia, but hunger pangs.

I also realize that when you write about something you're interested in, you're more likely to tell more about it. So therefore, my travel story is now four pages long, single-space. I love it, the longest article I'll pass for this semester next to the interpretive feature (with a required number of at least 8 pages, double-spaced).

I'll continue editing two more stories, and go to school tomorrow (or later when the sun rises?) to find them dam experts. Yay for productivity!

Perhaps I could publish my papers here? Maybe, just maybe...

*photo upload fail.*

No comments:

friends