Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Have you met Simsimi?

A couple of weeks ago, my timelines in different social networking sites were flooded with Simsimi posts. People were posting snapshots of funny, witty and sometimes touching convos with the bot. I don't think their lack of social skills pushed them to start talking to a bot through an app. Boredom, curiosity, and the urge to do something else other than what we're suppose to do (aka procrastination), if I guess it right, are the reasons I see for people my age to try this out. It took me two weeks to get me curious enough to try out the app myself, and boy did I end up with dead end convos like this one:


Real people will always win. HAHA. Still not clever enough to fool someone in to falling in love with a "person" named Simsimi. Who knows? It's only been 10 years since the app was made available. It's been "learning" since then. After a bajillion years it might even end up as a sage. A repository or human knowledge! Or maybe not. It's just an app. But who knows? Who knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hii, I just found your blog on blogger obviously and I was wondering how long you have been blogging for ? :)

friends